Watch this video from the CNFA to learn how to setup and discharge an barrage safely!
Here are the basics you need to know for barrages:
- Never place any body part over the top of any fireworks device.
- Read all the warning labels.
- Make sure you are setup far enough away from your spectators. The necessary distance to keep everyone safe will be listed on the cake itself.
- Place the cake on a flat, hard surface.
- Bury the cake if instructed to do so, or use sand bags to stabilize the cake.
- When ready to light the fuse, light it at least an arms length and retreat to a safe distance.
This video was produced by the Canadian National Fireworks Association, an industry group advocating for the safe use of fireworks in Canada, and the responsible regulation of the Fireworks Industry.
To learn more, visit their website at: www.nationalfireworks.ca